Thursday April 15th 2010, 12:10 pm
Cabinessence: Dreamrooms, Bohemian Boudoirs & Woodsy Opium Dens
Filed under: Picture Book | Posted by:

Cabinessence

My friend Bryan Thomas puts together these amazing photo galleries on Facebook for his friends with themes like “Foxy Chicks & Vintage Motorbikes”, “Les Iconic 60s & & 70s Femmes Françaises” and “Kodachrome Images of America from the 1930s and ’40s.” I’m hoping he’s going to start up a blog and share all of these vintage photo galleries with the general public (do it, do it!), but in the meantime, I’m going to share some select pictures from my favorite album that he’s compiled called “Cabinessence: Dreamrooms, Bohemian Boudoirs & Woodsy Opium Dens.” A majority of the pics were originally found on the following Tumblrs (and then compiled by Bryan) and I highly recommend checking them out. I swear, you will end up browsing these sites for hours:  Cosmic Dust, Black Lung and The Old Coyote. Check out more pics after the jump.

11 Comments so far

Love these! I want to live there!

Comment by Dano 04.15.10 @ 12:37 pm

unbelievable

Comment by Dave Harmon 04.15.10 @ 2:09 pm

Gasp – woodstock handmade houses –
do you think that desert scene is real?? i cant believe that people actually live in spaces like that. it hurts!!

Comment by Timmie 04.15.10 @ 2:10 pm

[…] vintage photo collections of unique living spaces. Here are a few inspiring images pulled from When You Awake.  For more of these artistic interiors, check out The Selby, particularly Guy Blakeslee and […]

Pingback by Living Space « 04.16.10 @ 2:13 pm

Great homes, truly great architecture!

And WHOAW! I really, really want to see an album named containing foxy chicks and vintage motorcycles!!! Oh, how I would want to see that! Is it possible to see it in some way, although I do not exist on the facebook sphere that seems to surround our globe. Am I the only 25 year old who doesn’t own a facebook account???

Comment by Peter 04.18.10 @ 3:15 pm

Peter—I shall post those on here sometime this week just for you. Promise.

Comment by jody 04.18.10 @ 4:40 pm

wow that was spectacular. Please post more.

Comment by Rek 04.20.10 @ 12:05 pm

bliss.

Comment by Steven 04.21.10 @ 2:55 pm

[…] Three of our Cabinessence photo series. Be sure to check out Part One and Part Two if you missed them. Thanks again to Bryan Thomas for compiling these […]

Pingback by Cabinessence: Dreamrooms, Bohemian Boudoirs & Woodsy Opium Dens: Part Three | When You Awake - Indie Folk, Classic Country and Roots Music Blog 06.01.10 @ 11:27 am

[…] Cabinessence: Dreamrooms, Bohemian Boudoirs & Woodsy Opium Dens. […]