Friday July 08th 2011, 7:42 am
Movie Lounge: Waylon Jennings and Friends
Filed under: Movie Lounge | Posted by:

Here is one of the episodes of the 8-episode television special, Waylon Jennings and Friends. This particular segment features Waylon leading a gang of some of the most talented country music singers and songwriters of all time in a loving tribute to Sue Brewer, the country music patron who used to host guitar pulls at her house, aka the”Boar’s Nest” (read more about Sue here).

Watch what Waylon calls “an organized riot”, with the musicians sitting around, sharing stories (like the time Willie Nelson frenchkissed Faron Young) and performing hit after hit including: Kris Kristofferson’s “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down”, Webb Pierce’s “There Stands the Glass”, Mack Vickery’s “Honky Tonk Wine”, Willie Nelson’s “I Gotta Get Drunk”,  Roger Miller’s “In The Summertime”, Faron Young and Willie Nelson’s “Hello Walls”, Buck Trent’s “Banjo Buck”, Little Jimmy Dickens’  “Take Me As I Am (Or Let Me Go)”, Harlan Howard’s “Busted”, Mickey Newbury’s “Sweet Memories”, Merle Kilgore’s “She Went a Little Bit Farther”, Hank WIlliams, Jr.’s “All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down”, Mac Wiseman’s “Jimmy Brown The Newsboy” and Waylon Jennings’ “Nashville Bum”. The amount of talent in that one room is absolutely astonishing and it is seriously NOT TO BE MISSED.

7 Comments so far

[...] don’t they make television shows like this [...]

Pingback by clickin’ around, vol. 15 « high plains thrifter 07.12.11 @ 6:29 am

Wow! this has to go down as one of the …no not one of but THE Best dang get together of all time.
Waylon, Willie, Chris, Roger, Faron and all the rest. Man how I miss those guys. It was a classic time

Comment by larry nunn 10.09.11 @ 2:13 pm

where can i find this whole video , the complete 8 episodes that is please help me , thanks.

Comment by waylon 08.14.12 @ 4:03 pm

where can I get a dvd of the series?

Comment by john 09.15.12 @ 11:42 pm

Where can I get the DVD series of this

Comment by Jarrod strasser 03.19.13 @ 10:53 pm

I think I see George jones sitting there but he is never addressed. ANyone know what happened?

Comment by Steve 05.14.13 @ 9:09 am

There’s an episode with Guy Clark, Lyle Lovett, Billy Joe Shaver, Beth Nielson Chapman, Kimmie Rhodes & Bobby Bare. It is stupid good. I may have a crap VHS somewhere.

Comment by Matt 03.04.14 @ 9:46 pm