Wednesday June 29th 2011, 7:01 pm
Picture Book: Nudie Cohn And Some Of His Famous Customers
Filed under: Picture Book | Posted by:

porter_wagonerPorter Wagoner

Webb Pierce, Faron Young, Little Jimmy Dickens, Carl Smith, Ray Price

Carl Butler & Pearl

From Gram Parsons to Ernest Tubb, nudie suits have been a staple of just about every country star’s wardrobe. To prove it, we’ve put together this photo gallery of some of our favorite Nudie Cohn-tailored pics. Enjoy more sweet threads after the jump.

Hank Snow

Nudie Cohn and Gram Parsons

Buck Owens and the BuckaroosBuck Owens and the Buckaroos

Ernest TubbErnest Tubb and the Texas Troubadours

george jonesGeorge Jones

ray priceRay Price

redfordRobert Redford

Elton JohnElton John

John Lennon and Nudie Cohn

emmylou dolly nudieEmmylou Harris, Nudie Cohn and Dolly Parton

Plus….the Nudie-mobile:

6 Comments so far

Nudie could turn a jacket into a work of art

Comment by max farthing 06.30.11 @ 2:58 pm

Someday… Someone will put up a Nudie on eBay for a one day auction, say during the Super Bowl or the Indy 500… And no one will bid but me! LOL! The Cosmic Cowboy Ranch is dedicated to the unique intersection of rock and roll and cowboy culture, where the hippies and the cowboys come together and it’s real hard to tell ‘em apart, ‘specially when the music starts!

Comment by Gregg Johnson 03.06.12 @ 7:42 am

AWESOME! Was Technical Director ’68, ’69 for Judy Lynn TV Shows. Judy had one of the largest, if not the largest accumulation of Nudie Suits. All the best.

Comment by Don "Geezer" Humphrey 07.24.12 @ 5:48 pm

I absolutely love these suits…. I play country music in 3 different bands in western Pennsylvania and I try to dress in the nicest and fanciest shirts I can find. It seems like entertainers dont dress up anymore. I believe an entertainer should look nice on stage whether local or professional!!!!

Comment by Jim Yeomans Jr 09.05.12 @ 4:47 pm

People used to get dressed up. It was high maintenance, but better than much of the all too revealing stuff we have today. I’m not sure I can bare to watch the Grammy Awards for fear of being flashed ;-)

Comment by Paul Foster 02.08.13 @ 2:41 pm

You left out the greatest musicians of them all; The Grateful Dead ! Take two steps backward !

Comment by Nerfy 04.01.13 @ 1:17 pm